The Retirement Visa is available foreigners aged over 55 years old who want to retire in Indonesia.
Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia can only issue retirement visa with an approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta.
To obtain the approval or commonly known as the TELEX VISA, following are the requirements to initiate the process. The requirements need to be submitted to the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta through MPG BALI referred to by Indonesian Immigration Office.
Sponsors & Travel Agents
Applicants for retirement visas are required to have a local sponsor from Indonesia. However, this sponsor is limited to the owner of a travel agent business permit only.
As a travel agent business permit, MPG GROUP is permitted to become a sponsor for you to stay in Indonesia on a pension visa and provide you with an application letter and guarantee as required.
MPG can become your visa agent and handle your application and extension of your visa in Indonesia
You may stay in Indonesia for one year on this visa, extendable for up to a maximum stay of five years.
Please keep in your mind The extension should be conducted every year, the process started 1 month before the due date of your KITAS.
The Retirement KITAS is already included multiple entry visa. The Retirement KITAS holder can enter and exit Indonesia as many times as you like within 1 Year according to your Retirement KITAS validity.
Please note that the KITAS will be terminate if the KITAS holder leaving Indonesian territory exceeds the limit of the period of validity of your KITAS and multiple exit re-entry permit.
When you have a willing to have retirement KITAS again, we should re-apply as a new KITAS.
HOW TO PROCESS
We will process your application to Department of Immigration. Once the letter has been received and your application has been approved by Jakarta Immigration, they will issue a telex visa which will be sent to the Indonesian embassy where you wish to collect the visa. The telex visa must be collected within 2 months otherwise it will expire and you will have to re-apply. We will advise you when the visa is ready to collect.
A TELEX visa will be issued to an Indonesian Embassy abroad of your choice. It is a good idea to contact the Embassy prior to your visit, as there are often varying rules and regulations that may affect your VITAS application. The estimated duration of the KITAS process depends on your Embassy. Do check before processing! to ensure you have all you need for the VITAS application.
Once you arrive back in Indonesia with the retirement visa you will not be able to leave until KITAS conversion process is complete.
Upon entry please contact us and submit your original passport to our office, you have 30 days to apply for retirement KITAS. The process can be done at an Immigration office closest to your residence.
The application process involves a photo taken, enroll fingerprint and interview session. The process from start to finish should take around 14 working days. Once the process is done, your passport will be returned, and an electronic KITAS will be sent to you.
You cannot work in Indonesia with this visa!
- Applicant is 55 years or older at the time of application
- Passport still valid for at least 18 months from the date of application
- Copy of full passport (All pages)
- Four recent color passport photographs. The photograph must be 6×4 cm taken on a plain red background, complying with Indonesian Immigration requirements.
- Curriculum Vitae, Applicants full contact details including name and contact information of family member to contact in the event of an emergency
- Copy of latest bank statement minimum of balance 20.000 USD
- Proof from Pension fund, Bank foundation or other financial institution of a minimum income of US$1,500 per month, to be used to provide living expenses during the proposed stay in Indonesia.
- Color Copy Proof of medical insurance, life insurance and third-party personal liability insurance
- Color copy of Proof of accommodation,# Copy of sales purchase invoice with minimum cost of US$35,000 if purchasing a house or apartment. Or.# If renting, color copy rental contract with minimum rental cost of US$500 / month in Jakarta, Bandung, and Bali. For all other cities in Java Island, Batam, and Medan US$300 / month. All other locations minimum US$ 200 /month)
- Color Copy of KTP of landlord or land owner of land where you will be living.
- Statement to declare employment of an Indonesian maid / servant
- Color Copy of the KTP (Indonesian ID Card) of maid / servant.
- Sponsor letter from government appointed travel agents (we provide)
- Statement agreeing not to engage in any business activity or any other forms of working for a living in Indonesia.
If you are unsure please contact us.
Process Retirement Visa: IDR 9,500,000 The fees include multiple exit and re-entry permits, Immigration processing fees, and a police registration
Additional Embassy fees applied when picking up your visa abroad.
Note that the Minister Regulation no; M.04-IZ.01.02 year 1998 and subsequent regulation M.07-IZ.01.02 TAHUN 2006, effective 31 August 2006, limits the eligibility of the retirement visa to citizens of the following countries:
United Arab Emirate