To work in Indonesia you must have a visa known commonly by everyone as a WORKING VISA KITAS. To get a KITAS you must have a company that is willing to employ you and act as your sponsor. You are only allowed to work for the sponsor; you cannot change your job and work for another company.
If you do change your job to another company, then your KITAS becomes invalid and you will have to re-apply for a new KITAS with your new employer.
With a KITAS already include multiple exit re-entry permit. If you wish to exit and re-enter Indonesia while you have a KITAS you are not need to apply for a multiple entry / exit permit again.
A KITAS can be extended yearly for a maximum of 6 years. After 6 years a new KITAS need to be applied for or a KITAP if applicable to the applicant
There is a new system to process the working KITAS.
The KITAS is made up of the following:
- The recommendation of the working permit ( issued by Department of the Manpower) After we have the completed documents from the candidates, we submit this application to department of the Manpower. There will be a schedule will come from the Department of the Manpower to interview by skype. This usually directly with the sponsor.
- Letter of Approval for a period of Work Permit (IMTA) or Recommendation of the working permit.
- Letter of this approval will be valid 14 days from issued, so within 14 days DPKK Fund in USD has to be paid according to length of time that will be approved by the Department of Manpower, if there is no payment within 14 days or late to pay, then such approval will be automatically deleted by the system.
- Working Permit (Issued by Department of Manpower)
- Telex Visa ( Issued by Department of Immigration Jakarta)
- Collecting Working Visa (Issued by overseas embassy)
- A Limited Stay Permit Card (known as KITAS, Issued by Department of Immigration report to nearest immigration office where you plan to leave)
- Local Police Report (Registration with local police near to where you plan to live)
How to apply?
We will process your application with the Indonesian departments of Immigration and Manpower in Jakarta. If approved, a letter of recommendation for a working permit is sent from the Department of Manpower to Department of Immigration. Once the letter has been received and your application has been approved by Jakarta Immigration, they will issue a telex visa which will be sent to the Indonesian embassy where you wish to collect the visa from. The telex visa must be collected within 2 months otherwise it will expire and you will have to re-apply. We will advise you when the visa is ready to collect.
Once you have been and collected your working visa you can then enter Indonesia, and your passport which we send to Bali immigration to process KITAS and multiple exit re-entry permit. You will then have to go to Bali immigration to sign the KITAS and have your photograph taken by Bali immigration.
( This point you should wait our instruction when you can go to immigration office to take apicture and finger print)
Collect visa from overseas embassy include working permit process: 2 Months
Process KITAS in Bali after Photograph: 2 weekS
From the Applicant
- Color Copy of passport (All pages). Passport should be valid for at least 2 years from the time of application.
- Recent color passport type photographs. The photograph must be taken on a plain red background, complying with Indonesian Immigration requirements. Sizes required 10 x photos 6 x 4 cm and 6 x photos 4 x 3 cm
- Color Copy of degree certificate from a university or Master. If the certificate is not in English, then a notarized translation of the certificate into English must be supplied
- Color Copy of CV including career history and personal contact details
- Name and contact information of family member to contact in the event of an emergency
- Job offer from the sponsoring company ( work contract)
- Copy of personal medical insurance
- Color Copy of Work reference from the old company
From the Sponsor
- Full color copy NPWP (Company tax card or certificate)
- Full color copy of TDP (Company registration)
- Full color copy of SIUP (Company license)capital of investment Minimum IDR 1.500.000.000
- Full color copy of KTP or ID of Director or authorized representative of the sponsoring company
- Full color copy of KTP or ID of 2 further employees of the sponsoring company
- A copy of latest filed Bentuk Laporan UU NO. 7 Tahun 1981 ( Latest company information filed with the government of Manpower)
- Full color copy of AKTA (Notarized company formation certificate)
- Full color copy of Pengesahan AKTA ( Government issued company formation certificate)
- Full color copy of Domisili of company from Banjar( Government issued certificate of companies registered address)
- 10 copies of company letterhead including official stamp and signature.
If you apply from Singapore we have a local agent.
If you are unsure please contact us.
Standard KITAS + Multiple entry / exit permit: IDR 9.000.000 per person
This is also to inform for the user of foreign workers in connection with the approval recommendation application for working visa wire (TA.01), especially the users whose the business line is : services, trading and consultants is conveyed as follows :
- The line of business mentioned above generally do not absorb the job opportunities for Indonesian workers;
- The position open for foreign workers for the line of business mentioned above based on the Decision of Manpower and Transmigration Minister No. 464 Year 2012 (*) is Advisor such as the Marketing Advisor, the Quality Control Advisor; accordingly work visa (TA. 01) will be given for 6 months;
- The foreign worker for the engine installer (installation) position or the engine maintenance, which have a high school level of education, the Vocational High School and the Diploma with less than 5 years of working experience, will be given a recommendation of working visa (TA. 01) for the period of 6 months;
- In relation to the matters mentioned above (Poin 3) , for the S1 (bachelor degree) and has more than 5 years of working experience in its relevant field, will be given a recommendation of working visa (TA. 01) with the period of 12 months according to the application submitted as long as it complies the requirements;
- For the Directors and Managerial positions (positions of trusts by investors) are still given 12 months as long as it complies the requirements.
Thus, thank you for your attention in this matter.
(*) the Decision of Manpower and Transmigration Minister No. 464 Year 2012, concerning: The Position Available For The Foreign Workers For Categories Of Wholesale And Retail And Reparations And The Maintenance Of Cars And Motorcycles.